Saturday 10 September 2016

"A Week of Mondays" Book Review




My Rating ★★★★☆ 4.5 Stars


For anyone who has ever had a horrible week and wishes that they could have a do-over.

This was such a cute, laugh-out-loud, and hilarious, YA book.
Ellison Sparks is having a horrible Monday and it doesn’t get much better as the day progresses. At the end of this awful day she makes a wish she never thought would come true. So, when she wakes up the next morning to find that it’s still Monday, and no, there are no cameras following her so it couldn’t possibly be a prank, she sets out to change the course of that dreadful Monday and to make things right.

What I loved about this book was Ellison’s character development. She matured in such a short period of time. Well yes, she had an entire week of going through the same day over and over and over again so she was bound to get it right; but she matured in such a realistic way. From trying her best to please others, to almost giving up, then finally just being herself and making decisions in her best interest.


I might be a bit biased with my review; I just might be, seeing as how I was going through a rough week and wishing I could just start all over. So when I chose this book I felt connected to the main character instantly. The writing style also helped of course! It was clear, concise and no unnecessary similes about a person’s eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment