Friday 7 October 2016

"Cured (Stung #2)" Book Review

My Rating: ★★★☆☆ 3 Stars

I was hoping this one would be better, and in a way it was. I kinda wish I knew beforehand that I'd be reading from Jacqui's POV. I was really confused when reading the first few pages, trying to figure out who these characters were.

As for the plot itself, it was fairly simply, everything worked out happily ever after.

Image result for spoilers

Why is Jonah being treated like a Hodor? Like he's the muscles behind the whole operation with no feelings? He got hurt a lot in this book, more than I dare to count, and it's being justified by the fact that he heals quickly.
I hated this.

Do the women in this book not use their brain and try to see who is there before attacking?

Book 1: Fiona shot Bowen before making sure who was approaching.

Book 2: Jack stabs Kevin before using her head and seeing who is there. Yes, I get that he practically jumped on her in the dark so she had no idea that he wasn't a real threat at first, but my God! Stop and think before attacking. Same happened in the prison, she attacks Jonah before seeing who is really there. And I think she almost attacked Kevin a second time

Oh well. I'm happy this doesn't have a third part. It felt like a very shallow book which had potential but didn't deliver.
I still did not get to see what living on the inside of the wall is like, what their rebuilding looks like.
So much potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment