Friday 31 August 2018

"The First Kiss Hypothesis" Review

My Rating: ★★★☆☆ 3 Stars

Nora Reid loves science and she has a hypothesis. She believes in it, she lives by it and she's determined to prove it "for each person in the world, there is exactly one other person, and at first kiss, they'll experience an immediate and intense reaction".

Nora's grandmother married her soulmate just two weeks after their earth-moving first kiss and she believes they experienced a happily ever after, once in a lifetime, storybook romance. Nora wants that. In search for her one true soul-mate, Nora hosts charity kissing booths and goes on lots of first dates.

But after 4 years of  zero-reaction kisses, Nora thinks that maybe, just maybe her hot best friend might be affecting the results and she needs to get rid of him, and fast.


Enter: Eli Costas. He is the smoking-hot best friend from next door who is determined to disprove Nora's hypothesis and make
her fall for him.
               

Here's the thing: 

First off, how did Nora not realize that Eli liked/loved her? I liked the characters. I think Nora and Eli were cute together. They shared a love for pie which they thought was the cure for everything.. What's not to love?

Although the plot was pretty much predictable, the ride was fun. What drove me mad though was Nora's determination to prove her hypothesis. It blinded her even though she had feelings for Eli. They shared a kiss years ago but there was no earth-moving reaction therefore she thinks he isn't her soul-mate.



She spent the entirety of the book (or almost the entirety) thinking of Eli in a not-so-platonic kind of way and I wanted her to just shout it at the top of her lungs "ELI I (think I) LOVE YOU!!".. But she didn't.

There was a lot of chemistry between the two, a lot of tension as well that had me fully immersed in the story and simply had me rooting for them (even though they were both pretty dumb).

It's not a Pulitzer prize winner but it was well written and fun.

It was such an easy read. If you're looking for something to transport you to a world of plush butterflies (is there such a thing?), bunnies and all things fluffy then look no further! I loved how it helped me beat my reading slump and just helped me forget reality even for a short while. I absolutely adore books that are able to help readers to forget about real-life.




No comments:

Post a Comment