Thursday 5 May 2016

"The Creeping" Book Review




★☆☆☆☆ 1 Star


1 star because it's takes time to write a 400+ page book and the author deserves at least 1 star for that.
This reminded me of a Stephen King's novel - the summary gets you all excited then it's very anticlimactic at the end, it just doesn't deliver what was promised.
I was expecting a monster, a real monster, not some measly pathetic mortal who bleeds like the rest of us fragile homo-sapiens. AND..... it wasn't just the anticlimactic "climax", it was the whole delivery - the lack of fluidity in transitions, the skip in time (no time bridge connecting one paragraph to the other) where the author would jump from present time to days later in the next paragraph without proper transitional writing techniques. Some sentences had to be re-read so that I could be sure of what I was reading.
This was poor in my opinion but clearly it was awesome for some other readers who gave it 4 and 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment