Monday 16 May 2016

"The Radleys" Book Review




My Rating: ★★★☆☆ 3.5 Stars

I chose this title after reading The Humans by the same author. While this was an enjoyable enough read I didn't quite like it as much; however, this isn't a comparison so I'll get on with the review for this book. 

The story follows the life of a family called The Radleys, who has kept the family curse a secret from their two kids. For years, the parents have led the children to believe in a way of life and in a lie in order to "protect them". But, we all know that telling a lie to protect someone only turns out to hurt them in the end, and this is what happens here. The daughter, on a night out, finds out who/what she truly is. 

The Radleys presented us readers with adequate backstories in my opinion. The writing style was simple, concise, easy to follow, unpretentious. 

I'm not exactly sure what was missing since I couldn't find anything solid really to dislike about this book. I just know I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. 

After reading this I still have much respect for Matt Haig and his writing style. I'm a sucker for writing style, will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment