Saturday 18 June 2016

"Night Draws In" Book Review



★★★☆☆ 3 Stars

e-ARC received in exchange for honest feedback. Thanks to Netgalley for making this title available.


Being that I'm a nyctophile, when I first came across this title I was intrigued; and the cover somehow exuded creepiness so naturally I was interested in reading this.

There are no reviews on goodreads yet (quite understandable being that this is an unreleased book scheduled to be released later in the year) and I'm a bit hesitant to post my generous 3-star review. So in this review I will be cautious yet constructively critical.

This was a story with lots of potential; however, it was poorly executed. There were some positive things that I should point out :
1. At times the writing style was clear.

2. The plot was interesting, sometimes unique.

3. It was short (shy of 300 pages I'd say).

Some of the negatives:
1. Certain scenes were drawn out. Others were not thoroughly explained.

2. Key mentions from the synopsis were only seen once throughout the entire book, and mentioned in only one line - dragons etc .

3. Lots of editing needs to be done before this is actually released. Maybe I shouldn't even mention this point seeing as the author might be working on that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment